4 Reasons I Loved A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Friday 20 May 2016

 
 A Court of Mist and Fury | Sarah J. Maas | Published May 3rd, 2016
Rating:
Goodreads | Book Depository


The Romance
I think the romance in this book has definitely become one of my favourites. Your enjoyment of it is really going to depend on who you ship from book one but I would expect to change your mind too. I don't want to give much away but my god it is just fantastic. Yes it's sexy and it's hot but the other side of it - the conversations, the fun, the getting to know one another - is also just as great. Sarah J. Maas is also a master at keeping you on your toes and making you wait and wait for what you want to happen. I absolutely adore Rhysand. He is completely selfless and unlike Tamlin he doesn't lock Feyre away for her "protection"; he allows her to flourish and come to terms with the person she is. We see a whole other side to Rhysand and I love it.

The Character Development
Feyre has changed a lot since her horrific ordeal in A Court of Thorns and Roses and is still getting used to her new form. She is quite depressed to begin with but slowly grows back her strength and we see a new stronger and fiercer side to her. She's not a starving girl anymore and I really enjoyed reading about her learning and using her new powers.

I also loved the development of Rhysand. We finally learn more of his background, how he became Amarantha's whore and that the persona he portrays is just that: a persona. He is loving, selfless, funny and will do anything to protect his people. He has quickly become one of my favourite fictional characters.

The World Development
We get to visit new courts and areas and Night Court, where Rhysand resides, just sounds so beautiful. I wish I could visit there! The descriptions are so vivid and it makes for a really nice contrast with Tamlin's Spring Court. We also visit Summer Court and the world is becoming a lot clearer to follow and understand.

Meeting New Characters
The introduction of new characters is done wonderfully. They are all written so well with enough characterisation and background that you can remember them all without confusion. Azriel and Cassian were two of my favourites and I'm excited to get to know them even better.


A Court of Mist and Fury is a hundred times better than A Court of Thorns and Roses (which I also loved); it's steamy, exciting and action-packed with a vivid world and enticing characters. The ending doesn't quite end on a cliffhanger but so much happens that you are still left begging for the next installment immediately. I for one can't wait to get my hands on more Rhysand!

Are you a fan of this series? Are you team Rhysand or team Tamlin?!

Follow me:

1 comment:

  1. I am so team Rhysand, he is such a babe. I adored ACOMAF, I loved getting to see so much more of Feyre. Such an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS