Back To Blogging & 20 Questions Book Tag

Saturday 16 June 2018


I haven't blogged recently as I've been quite busy and also had a reading slump on top of that. Not a good combination! I'm getting back into the swing of things now though. I'm excited to read aaaalll the books and I've even managed to write a couple of (really overdue) reviews. So I thought I would start things off with a bookish tag! I saw this one over at Jenny in Neverland and thought it looked fun so here we go!


How many books is too many books in a series? 
I think it really depends on the quality of the story. I love to read the occasional series that spans for multiple books (like the Throne of Glass series) but I wouldn't want every series to end up being that long as it really does become difficult to remember what's going on when there's a year between books. I think three or four is the perfect amount.

How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I actually really like cliffhangers! As long as they happen in a series so you know there's another book to come. I don't like standalones that end with a cliffhanger or are vague.

Hard copy or paperback?
I love hardbacks but I own more paperbacks as they are much cheaper and easier to carry around.

Favourite book?
This is such a hard question! How can I choose just one?! I love the Harry Potter series. I also really love A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.

Least favourite book?
This is difficult as I don't really remember the books that I don't like. I've read quite a few over the years that I didn't enjoy but there is no one book which holds this title.

Love triangles, yes or no?
Yes! I know I'm in the minority but I'm a bit of a sucker for them. As long as they are written well and there is still a decent plot too.

The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
Godblind by Anna Stephens. I just couldn't get into it.

A book you’re currently reading?
I haven't started another one yet but I have been rereading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for a couple of months now (I just dip into it now and again!)

Last book you recommended to someone?
How Do You Like Me Now? By Holly Bourne. A must-read for anyone in their mid twenties and above!

Oldest book you’ve read?
Oohh good question! I don't know for definite but probably something by Jane Austen so I'll say Pride and Prejudice.

The newest book you’ve read?
How Do You Like Me Now? By Holly Bourne - again - based on publication date.

Favourite author?
J.K. Rowling and Sarah J. Maas.

Buying books or borrowing books?
A little bit of both. I like owning books but I also really love going to the library. They are so important to society!

A book you dislike that everyone seems to like?
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I liked Red Queen but hated the sequel and haven't read any of the others.

Bookmarks or dogears?
Bookmarks! I love collecting them.

A book you can always re-read
The Harry Potter series and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Can you read whilst hearing music?
I don't mind a little background music as long as it isn't too loud.

One POV or multiple POV’s?
I like multiple POV's just not loads of them as it quickly becomes confusing. I like it when there are two or three.

Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Usually over multiple days. I occasionally read a book in one sitting if it's a quick read and I have the time. I find I can read contempories like this a lot more than fantasies.

One book you read because of the cover?
I'm not sure that I've ever done this as I always decide based on the blurb. I'm obviously drawn in by covers but I haven't read a book based on that alone.



I won't tag anyone individually but if you do the tag I would love to read your answers so feel free to leave a link in the comments!



Follow me:
g

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS