Waiting on Wednesday: Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Title: Into the Dim
Author: Janet B. Taylor
Release Date: March 1st, 2016
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers

Add to Goodreads
“Seventy-two hours, then we have to be back at the clearing. Sunrise on the third day.”

Being “the homeschooled girl,” in a small town, Hope Walton’s crippling phobias and photographic memory don’t help her fit in with her adoptive dad’s perfectly blonde Southern family. But when her mother is killed in a natural disaster thousands of miles from home, Hope’s secluded world crumbles. After an aunt she’s never met invites her to spend the summer in Scotland, Hope discovers that her mother was more than a brilliant academic. She’s a member of a secret society of time travelers, and is actually trapped in the twelfth century in the age of King Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. Now Hope must conquer her numerous fears and travel back in time to help rescue her mother before she’s lost for good. Along the way, she’ll discover more family secrets, and a mysterious boy who could be vital to setting her mother free… or the key to Hope’s undoing.

Addictive, romantic, and rich with historical detail, Into the Dim is an Outlander for teens.

I first discovered this book on another Waiting on Wednesday post last week and it sounds so good! I haven't read many time travel books before but I love the fact that this is set in Scotland. I'm always on the look out for YA books that are set here as I love to see how different authors portray the country. It's a shame March is so far away! I'm definitely excited for this one.

What release are you most looking forward to?


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very original book! And I love how there's always that mysterious guy... makes the story that much more interesting, hehe :)


    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can't resist a good mysterious guy haha :)

      Delete
  2. OOh yes! I just got this one from Edelweiss! My heart about stopped when they approved my request! Can't wait to read it! Hope you love it too once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I didn't know it was on Edelweiss already! I'll have to go and request it and hope I get approved! I hope you enjoy it too! :D

      Delete
  3. I really dig the cover on this one. I'm not sure that I will like it though. I'd like to see what you think about it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the cover too, it stands out a lot! I have high hopes for this one so hopefully I'll love it!

      Delete
  4. I am SO excited for this book too! Janet is a sweetie and time travel?! Hellooo, yes please.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much time travel but I'm loving the sound of it! I hope we both love it :D.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS