Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

Friday 17 April 2015


Title: Vanishing Girls

Author: Lauren Oliver

Release Date: March 10th, 2015

Standalone

Rating:


Review:

Vanishing Girls tells the story of two sisters, Nick and Dara, who have become estranged after a terrible car accident. A young girl, Madeline Snow, has disappeared and when Dara also disappears, Nick is convinced that there is a link. She is determined to figure out what is going on and save her sister before it is too late.

I really enjoyed this story to begin with. I find Lauren Oliver's writing to be very compelling and easy to follow. I was gripped to the story and eager to know what was going to happen. For the first 60% I was following events well and even had a few theories as to what was going on. That's when the weirdness and the confusion hit.

Once the twist is revealed, things become quite confusing for a while. It's one of those twists that mean you have to rethink everything you have previously read and try to figure out what's real and what's not. I don't think it's necessarily a bad ending (and my theories weren't right) but there are a few things that aren't cleared up and so you have to just guess/figure it out for yourself.

Despite the confusion surrounding the twist, I did really enjoy this book. I do think I would probably have related to the two main characters more if I had a sister but overall it's a convincing thriller that will keep you guessing. Just be prepared for a lot of questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS